Solution Spheres

Using Apple technologies (and possibly others) to create a seamless digital lifestyle for home and business.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Front Row on NTSC TV's

I happened to see Front Row running on a plain ol' TV the other day. It was gorgeous. A mac mini was connected via crummy little RCA jacks (not even gold), about the worst signal you can get, on a mediocre 29" TV. The gradients in the background of FR's interface had no banding! The fonts on screen were smooth and legible. Everything looked fantastic.

Front Row is made for TV. Say it with me: Front Row is made for your television.

Will the Mac mini be superseded by the Mac nano?

Imagine a set-top PVR with integrated iPod dock. You can run it headless, via BT keyboard, mouse, or IR remote... through the TV. Or you can buy a wireless tablet screen as an accessory to interface with things like email, iCal, photos, etc.... Then those Airport Expresses to spread the joy across the house.

Perhaps I've said too much.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think people were saying this MONTHS ago.
    This site for example, http://www.machtpc.com/, has been up for ages predicting the same exact thing. I for one can't wait. What a cool new product venture for Apple.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    Would you be able to help me connect my Mac Mini to my european TV (NTSC) using a VGA-to-Composite cable? I tried it but I don't get a lot of goodies... :<

    sebs89@gmail.com <-- Thank you!

    SeBsZ

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Victor Agreda, Jr. said…

    anon, I agree. In fact, I think my very first post on here was regarding such a beast. It's inevitable. I think what was cool was just *seeing* how good it looks.

    SeBsZ, are you sure your TV is NTSC? The Euro standard is PAL. Different frame rates and signals, so it's possible you won't see things properly...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home