Solution Spheres

Using Apple technologies (and possibly others) to create a seamless digital lifestyle for home and business.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Peeking into the guts of Automator?

Until Tiger is available on April 29 and I can use Automator, I'm trying to use AppleScript to make iChat set itself to "Away" when I open my iBook... When that's done I'll post up in this entry.

Automator will hopefully be a powerful tool for the average person. I'm just a hack (unlike a hacker), but I enjoy these basic scripting languages. Automator looks like it will finally record all those things you used to try and record using the ScriptEditor. I can't seem to get it to work with iChat. So I'm hacking at the code and found this site:
http://developer.apple.com/cocoa/applescriptforapps.html

With an explanation on opening the libraries! So now I can see what I'm doing... More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home